Saturday, August 27, 2011

Childhood memories

A recent twitter discussion that began with me wishing there was a "Tectonics for Toddlers" I could give my nephew got me thinking about one of my favourite toys as a preschooler. It was a Fisher-Price hiking set, and I used to hike around the neighbourhood with it. I always dreamed about going to the coulees behind our yard, but that was forbidden territory to little me (and rightly so--I was only about five years old at the time).

My hiking set is long gone, and a recent Google search turned up an picture of the set in an "old toys" website. But when I go out in the field these days, I still carry some of the same tools, just more grown-up versions of them.

Missing from this picture is the compass that had a mirror on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment