Monday, June 10, 2013

En route to my fifth continent

I'm at Chicago O'Hare right now, on a layover between Syracuse and London. Once I get to London I have another flight to Nairobi, Kenya.

I'm joining the science crew of HSPDP, the Hominid Sites and Paleolake Drilling Project. They are making good progress at the first Kenyan location, at Tugen,Hills near Lake Baringo. In fact things are going so well they'll be done before I get there.

I do get to head up to West Turkana to the second location. We'll be working out of a camp and it's so remote there is no phone or Internet.

I'll have lots of new things to blog about when I get back on July 16 (as well as tackling the backlog of posts I have to catch up on from the last year) but in the meantime I encourage you to search for the HSPDP facebook page. You don't need to have a Facebook account to see it, and that's where the best updates and photos are being posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment