Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The beginning

There was a moment, in Kenya, when I looked around at where I was and thought, "this is it. This is what the hard work of the last two years has been for."

I just spent five weeks in Kenya as part of the science crew for HSPDP - the Hominid Sites and Paleolakes Drilling Project. Africa changed me, as it does for so many people, in ways that I probably won't discuss publicly. It also rejuvenated my passion for the research I am doing right now. I'm still organizing my thoughts and photos from the whole thing, but there will be some posts to come.

In the meantime, I've written a post about the one-day safari I went on in Nairobi National Park over at my travelblog.  Check it out here (safari blog) for an account of our adventures - and there were several - and photos of African wildlife.

My last sunset in Turkana

No comments:

Post a Comment