Saturday, October 12, 2013

#standingwithDNLee

My personal 30 minute blog challenge, in which I spend 30 minutes a day writing blog posts, failed yesterday. I'm not beating myself up for this - I had a research deadline yesterday, and by the time I finished with that I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open for 30 more minutes. 

Today, I'm asking you to take 30 minutes to catch up on what made my twitter feed explode in the last day: censorship used to silence a woman who called out someone for completely inappropriate behavior. 

Begin here, with an account of what happened (including the original post that has since been removed from its home): http://isisthescientist.com/2013/10/11/tell-someone-no-get-called-a-whore-standingwithdnlee-batsignal/

Then these posts which call out Scientific American for their appalling action (hopefully the ones hosted by Scientific American won't also be censored):



And finally, here, for a call to everyone to join in and "raise our voices":

No comments:

Post a Comment